Located in Atlanta’s retail and restaurant destination of West Midtown, Stockyards retains the historical individuality of the heavy timber and old brick structures while offering modern amenities and settings for work and play. The development sits on the site of the Miller Union Stockyard Auction House and served as the central clearinghouse for livestock from 1881 to the 1930s.
Project included the demolition of a partially collapsed warehouse and renovations to adjacent existing two story concrete and wood-framed warehouse buildings for conversion to office, retail and restaurant use. A new pre-cast parking garage was erected between two existing warehouse buildings and provides structured parking for the development. A new four-story 40,000 square-foot steel-framed office building was constructed adjacent to the parking deck at the front of the site. m2 provided schematic consulting services during project conceptualization and full structural engineering services during design and construction.